Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This issue will review:
- Empagliflozin in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease NEJM
- Prescription Patterns of Cardiovascular- and Kidney-Protective Therapies Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease
- Relationship Between Carbohydrate Intake (Quantity, Quality, and Time Eaten) and Mortality (Total, Cardiovascular, and Diabetes)
- Diabetes Management in Chronic Kidney Disease: A Consensus Report by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) and Kidney Disease: Improving Global Outcomes (KDIGO)
- Finerenone in Patients With Chronic Kidney Disease and Type 2 Diabetes by Sodium–Glucose Cotransporter 2 Inhibitor Treatment: The FIDELITY Analysis
- Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Dietary Intervention on Hemoglobin A1c A Randomized Clinical Trial
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visitwww.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Chair-Department of Family Medicine, Abington Jefferson Health
…. more: Diabetes Journals (ADA) (Quelle/Source)