Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This issue will review:
- Remission of Type 2 Diabetes Following a Short-term Intensive Intervention With Insulin Glargine, Sitagliptin, and Metformin
- Gestational Diabetes Mellitus and the Risks of Overall and Type-Specific Cardiovascular Diseases
- Chlorthalidone for Hypertension in Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease
- Changes in the Prevalence of Symptoms of Depression, Loneliness, and Insomnia in U.S. Older Adults With Type 2 Diabetes During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Relationships of Changes in Physical Activity and Sedentary Behavior With Changes in Physical Fitness and Cardiometabolic Risk Profile in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- Risk of Incident Dementia According to Glycemic Status and Comorbidities of Hyperglycemia
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Chair-Department of Family Medicine, Abington Jefferson Health
…. more: Diabetes Journals (ADA) (Quelle/Source)