Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This issue will review:
- The Effect of Discontinuing CGM in Adults With Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Basal Insulin
- Long-Term Occupational Consequences for Families of Children With Type 1 Diabetes: The Mothers Take the Burden
- Effect of Metformin and Lifestyle Interventions on Mortality in the Diabetes Prevention Program and Diabetes Prevention Program
- Association of Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter–2 Inhibitors With Fracture Risk in Older Adults With Type 2 Diabetes
- Prediabetes Defined by First Measured HbA1c Predicts Higher Cardiovascular Risk Compared With HbA1c in the Diabetes Range
- Trend of Diabetes-Related Hospital Admissions During the Transition Period From Adolescence to Adulthood
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Chair-Department of Family Medicine, Abington Jefferson Health
…. more: Diabetes Journals (ADA) (Quelle/Source)