Diabetes Core Update: Covid-19 and Diabetes – Considerations for Health Care Professionals –
This special issue is an audio version of the American Diabetes Associations Covid-19 leadership team discussing a range of issues on Covid-19 and Diabetes.
Recorded March 31, 2020.
- Access to medications
- Effect on Diabetes Self-management
- Can Patients take their own Supplies if they are an inpatient in the hospital – particularly insulin pumps and CGM
- Considerations for Specific Hypoglycemic Medications during Inpatient Hospitalization
- Differences in Management for Persons with Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- SGLT-2 inhibitors and GLP-1 Receptor Agonists use During Covid-19 Infection
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease during Covid-19
- ACEs and ARBs
- Stress among Healthcare Professionals
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
Robert Eckel, MD ADA President, Medicine & Science University of Colorado
Mary de Groot, PhD ADA President, Health Care & Education Indiana University
Irl Hirsch, MD University of Washington
Anne Peters, MD University of Southern California
Louis Philipson, MD, PhD ADA Past President, Medicine & Science University of Chicago
Neil Skolnik, MD Abington Jefferson Health
…. more: Diabetes Journals (ADA) (Quelle/Source)